Trying to pull together a design for a brand-new server room can be quite a daunting task. Even if you have a great IT team on-site, there are many working parts and many standards and factors that you have to consider. However, setting up the equipment and space does not have to be stressful when you have Endless Communications, Inc. to help. We are available to make sure that you have everything you need for flawless server room buildouts in Meiners Oaks.
Depending on your company’s size and requirements, there are many ways that a data center or server room can be configured. We have worked with clients that have small-scale server closets to those that have large-scale data centers. Despite all of the differences in specs, the key takeaways are functionality and energy conservation.
There are several elements that we will keep in mind when taking a look at your project, including:
- There should be roughly 42-inch clearance for computer racks
- Each rack must have seismic bracing and grounding
- There should be water, humidity, fire, and smoke monitors in place
- The space should be large enough to allow future growth
- The closet or room should not have windows
- A drop ceiling return is ideal for helping exhaust heat
- An ideal ceiling height is nine feet, at least
- A hot-aisle/cool-aisle configuration is helpful
- Cooling equipment is best with variable speed fans
- There is the option of under-floor cooling systems
Power System Specifications
- Your HVAC and computer equipment should come with unique power panels
- Electrical systems should have a grounding grid, isolated ground, and dedicated neutral
- Heat-generating support equipment should be avoided
- There should be a shunt trip for emergency shut down of the electrical system
Call (949) 390-5870 to talk with us at Endless Communications, Inc. if you are looking for assistance with server room buildouts in Meiners Oaks. We would love to set up a consultation!